Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thanks to those who posted to my last entry...I needed it. You know some days I can totally forget that I want another child so bad that it hurts, but other days it completely consumes me. The last two days have been that way. Not to mention that I have a wonderful side affect from my IVF called Angioedema.
Definition: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsConditions/Angioedemacc.html.
When I'm in a better mood I will post some crazy pictures so you can see exactly what freaky things happen to my poor body. My infertility doctor swears that IVF had nothing to with this, but the allergist, who actually did blood work, not knowing I did IVF, assured me that it was triggered by elevated levels of estrogen. So now any time my body has a surge of estrogen some part of my face, or my lips, my tongue, the bottom of my feet, or my hands swell to about 100 times their size. It is very painful having your skin swell that much. I have gone to the emergency room three times now because it got so bad.
Still gaining the courage to call and make a post IVF follow up appointment. My BFN was August 5th. Don't want to blow up at the doctor, don't want any confrontations, really, I just don't want to cry. But I do want to start taking more of an active roll.

3 comments:

beagle said...

I have never heard of that . . . what an awful side effect! I though I was especially unlucky to get a punctured bladder. But I think you have me beat for the unpleasant complications award.

Good Luck with your next steps.

Your Halloween photo is very cute!

Baby Blues said...

So sorry to hear about your angioedema, sounds terribly scarry.

fresca said...

I don't believe it. Maybe this is the cause of my unexplained angioedema. My allergist has been searching for an answer for the past year with no success. But I never told her about my IVF...maybe because that was 5 years ago. Thanks and good luck to you.