Saturday, February 24, 2007

And the winner is......

Maneater
by Gigi Levangie Grazer
Gorgeous, funny, and wildly uninhibited, her exes are a veritable "Who's Who" of Hollywood power players. At 28 (31), she is blessed with a firm (if curvaceous) bod, a designer wardrobe, a Daddy-subsidized apartment, and an A-list speed-dial. But with her thirty-second birthday looming, our heroine is starting to panic. Who on earth (read: Hollywood) could possibly make Clarissa Alpert an honest woman? Enter Aaron Mason, the latest hottest new producer in town. From the moment Clarissa sees him, she sets her sights on making him the future "Mr. Alpert." With the eager help of her vivacious (if neurotic) friends, her aerobicized Latina mother, her philandering (but loving) ex-con father, and the most divine gay waiter in Hollywood, Clarissa finds herself phoning the florist to the stars (his private line) and planning the biggest wedding the town has seen in years -- before the couple's first date. Catching Aaron's eye is not a problem. But it seems her intended might have his own agenda. Could it be Clarissa has finally bitten off more than she can chew?

*I figure we will probably get to them all so let's start with a juicy, guilty pleasure! I hope that more people will join us this month, this really will be a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm excited!!

Baby Blues said...

Great! I'll get my copy. I told Buchiko about your book club. She's more of a book worm than I am.

Nice pictures. :-)

Lisa said...

Love the pictures.

Good luck with the meeting today. Remember most of what they tell you at the first meeting is crap to try and scare you away. Regardless of what they tell you, they DO get babies.

Baby Blues said...

Got my copy! I'll let you know when I finish it. Do we have a target date?

Courtney said...

What a great idea! Just in time I finished my other book over the weekend!