Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Good week

A few good things that have happened this week and it is only Wednesday!

v Saturday was our second wedding anniversary. We went to NO and had a great time. I truly love my husband more everyday!

v We have water at my house! Now, I know that most of you have water, but this is a new addition to our house that we are renovating. Now if we can get electricity I would be very happy.

v We are going on a cruise! That’s right, the much needed break we both need is going to happen Memorial weekend. I am so excited.

v I was offered a job! I needed to student teach at the beginning of next year and the school that my son is going to just happens to need a 5th grade teacher. So I will “student teach” for the first 12 weeks, and then will just stay on as the regular teacher. This will be a big change from teaching 4 year olds, but I think I am ready for it.

v And last but definitely not least, I finally got a call back from my boy's worker and it seems like they are starting to get their acts together and are going to get us into classes ASAP! Of course the week they want us to start is the week we are going on the cruise, but I am not worried. It will happen when it happens. I am really trying to live by that motto and not get stressed out about things that I can not control. The plan is to have us take classes in a different parish, but have my home study done by a worker in my own parish. Wish us luck, and speed!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool, now you're officially married long enough to be a foster parent. Our 4 yr anniversary is in June! I can't believe it's been that long.

Any other openings for teachers at the school? I'm looking for an excuse to change careers and move.

I'm so glad you finally at least made contact with a worker. Let me know if you need L to bug them again. He's good at that.

Lisa said...

Oh yeah, you do know that if it was at all possible our worker would do your homestudy, but she can't. Maybe she can work something out too.

Amanda said...

Yay for progress! Good luck!

JUST A MOM said...

All of that is cool! It is great

Baby Blues said...

Sounds like a very good week. :-)

Baby Blues said...

Something to keep you distracted... You're tagged!