Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Life goes on

I went to the school I am going to be teaching at in the fall today to meet with one of my students. This little boy is being tutored over the summer to give him a head start for next year. His tutor, who is also the mother of one of my X-country/track runners, had him write out questions to interview me. They were very cute questions and I am now very excited about the prospect of teaching 10 & 11 year olds. Not that I didn’t love teaching 4 & 5 year olds it’s just that I really feel like I could make learning fun in a grade, 5th, that sometimes can be very boring.

I also talked to my mentor at my graduate school and we are making the final plans for my demonstration teaching, cohort seminar, tasks and final project. I am starting to get excited about the next school year, instead of feeling stressed. I will be setting up a meeting with the principal and my host teacher soon to get more information about what is expected of me from the school. I will also start to go through my room and start deciding what I want it to look like.

I don’t think I have mentioned before that I have started a running club for my runners this summer. We run everyday from 5:30-6:30. Monday and Wednesday we run 3.5 miles and on Tuesday and Thursday 2.2 miles and drills. A lot of kids and their parents are showing up to run and we are having a blast! I promised the kids that we will do something fun on Friday’s so now I need to do some research on fun things to do :)

In other news I took a big step and organized and am donating William’s old clothes and toys. Most of it is going to dream mommy’s boy, and the rest that isn’t in great condition will be donated. This process was very emotional for me. I guess I just truly believed that I would have another child by now. But I am just trying to focus on going to classes and getting a child that needs a forever family. The fact that most of the stuff is going to smiley makes me VERY happy! I love that little boy!

Oh, in funny news, I had to cancel my GYN appt. today because I had my period. I rescheduled and am going to bring up the fact to him that I am not ovulating. Do you guys think that I should reveal my IVF past?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Exciting news on teaching and the interview sounds adorable! I can't believe you get up and run every day- I am amazed!

Lisa said...

You found an ob/gyn here you liked? Cool.

I have a feeling William's clothes will come back to you later after Smiley outgrows them and you start getting placements. I hope you kept a couple of each size for emergencies where the child comes with nothing. It's really hard having to drag a new baby/child shopping as soon as you get them. Unless of course, you want a girl, then she can't wear his clothes, obviously,lol.

I'm starting a collection of baby girl clothes with Bubbles, so hopefully I'll have a good clothing stash soon.