Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Putting it all together

What we did the last month.....

We started and completed all of our foster adopt classes. The best thing I can say about them is that they are over. I honestly didn’t learn anything that I had not known before. However, our classmates were a riot and we made some new friends.
After our first class my husband had a mini break down. I can appreciate and understand that reaction when it becomes a reality that you really may not have a biological child, though I know that is not the complete story…..it is the easiness of pregnancy, planning, and no questions; but those things are all still there, you just have 9 months to adjust.
We went to a new fertility doctor in BR. He had some test done and it turns out that I don’t have old eggs, just a limited supply, or limited edition as I like to say:) I am still waiting to hear if I still carry any antibodies that would cause infertility. The doctor also thought I might have a slight case of endometriosis. But the real shocker was that my husband may have Morphology or structure issues. We will see.
We went on a family vacation with Peter’s family, 3 sisters, 2 brothers, spouses and his parents in Michigan. I am not particularly fond of his family, but we actually had a good time. I spent most of my time with my sister in law who totally rocks!!!
After the week in Michigan, William and I spent the next week in Chicago. It was nice. My mom and I went shopping and I got to spend a lot of time with my nephew. Two of my cousins got married on the 28th. Their weddings were fun! The real funny thing about it is that they use to date. No they are not cousins. LOL.
My School starts next week. I am feeling pretty good about my preparations, but still have a lot to do!!! I am excited about teaching 5th grade.

5 comments:

candy said...

wow that's a lot going on!

i'm glad you made some new friends - it sounds great to have a support system of people that are going through the same process!

(i'm really glad you're back, by the way!)

JUST A MOM said...

WHY!!!!! does EVERYONE I read just HAVE to go to Michigan?????




where at?
glad you had a nice time,,,

Keeping The Faith said...

Congrats on finishing up your foster adopt classes.

Sounds like you've been really busy and had a great vacation(s)...times to cherish with those you love!!!... and now it'll soon be the first day of school. I absolutely love teaching 5th grade. I always teach 4th or 5th. There are no other grades I'd choose over those two. It's such a great age.

-Faith

Julie said...

Glad you back- sounds like you had a good time- seems like everyone I read has been gone- :) I bet it is tough for your husband to process the idea of a baby so quick all at once- it kinda freaked me out at first- that 9 months must make a difference- but i don't know- I just got over it when the first placement came. :) glad your done with those classes.

Lisa said...

It's hard adjusting to the idea that I won't have biological children. It was even more difficult when I found out my husband does have a biological child. I try to keep reminding myself that although I will miss out of pregnancy, I also get to skip labor!

You're gonna be getting calls so soon! Get ready.