Saturday, October 20, 2007

My boy...

Is an angel sent from heaven. He only wakes up once a night to eat and goes back to sleep. He is content being held or sleeping in his crib. He loves to eat and is a great little brother!

Now, the waiting begins once again. It seems likely that he will stay with us since they were looking for an adoptive placement, not just a foster home. Also, we have already been approved to take him home for Thanksgiving and Christmas; and no visitation has been set up for his mother as of yet.

I am trying to stay positive and hopeful, but infertility has jaded me into thinking that the worst case scenario is going to happen. I have to be honest and say that I cry from happiness and grieving everyday. I know how blessed I am to have this child in my life, but I also know it may not be forever. However, I will enjoy everyday I get to spend with this incredible boy and love him, love him, love him!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to meet him. How does he do on car rides? I'm not sure if it will be easier for you or me to make the 2 hour trip though now, especially if I get a new baby boy soon.

Julie said...

Yea!!! sounds precious!!!

Amanda said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean... it's so bittersweet!

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

Congrats! We are waiting on "The Call" ... so I love reading stories of people who already have their children in their arms!