Sunday, February 17, 2008

4 Months

Another month has come and gone. Here’s the recap:

We had our first home visit since we got Little Bit back in October. Our worker pretty much just came to our house and played with the baby. We discussed how mom is not ready for visits; in fact, she might not be able to stay at the facility she is at since has not transitioned well. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever see his mother or father again……beside court dates that is…..

Doctor visits: Little bit had three doctor visits last week.

The first one was with the urologist for his double hernia. The doctor said that he will be able to fix it as well as bring down his right testicle and circumcise him. His operation will be on March 7th.
We then had to go to the cardiologist for surgery clearance since he was diagnosed previously with a murmur. The cardiologist is actually one of my students’ father. He diagnosed Little Bit with a mild pulmonary stenosis, which means that the value from his heart to his lung is thicker than it should be. Nothing that is immediately serious, but is something that needs to be watched. This means he has to go back in 6 moths for a check-up. The good news is that he most likely will grow out of it; 85% of children do.
Lastly, Little Bit had his 4 month visit. He is 15 pounds, 4ounces and 24 inches long. He is now cleared to eat rice cereal so we tried it this morning and he loved it! He received his 4 month shots and they made him so sleepy. I know I sound paranoid but after every vaccination I check to make sure that he is responsive and maintains eye contact. So far, so good. Autism is so prevalent, especially in boys, that I feel like it would be irresponsible not to check up on him.
Last weekend we went to the zoo with Dream Mommy and her family. We had such a good time! We are all going to Florida over spring break. I can’t wait!!! Still working out all of the details, but I know we will go to a couple of theme parks and water parks. Did I say I can’t wait?
Track season starts tomorrow. I think I will have close to 60 runners this year. I hope the weather stays nice. I love being around other people, even if they are children, who love running as much as I do.

3 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

well finely get to hear for you,,,, kinda kidding but it is good. Sounds like he is doing great and how is big brother doing with him ? how are you doing??

Unknown said...

Sounds like all is going well. Hope the surgery goes without a hitch and the heart issue fades away with time.
Glad you don't have to deal with visits.

Lisa said...

Vacation...haven't been on a real one since foster parenting. Not sure I'm gonna make it without Smiley, but my mom wants grandma time with him.

Little Bit's doctor was excellent for both Smiley's surgeries, so he's in great hands. Don't forget to get copies of all the clearance forms, especially anesthesia release. A judge had to sign those for Smiley.

You're so blessed to not have to deal with visits!