Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No Show

Mom was a no show for her visit today. They even sent a worker for transportation. When they got to the motel mom was staying at a tall white guy answered the door of the room. We are pretty sure they are gone. The workers have no contact information for mom or dad, and are giving the parents 4 months to show up; if they don't then they will begin the TPR process: for abandonment.
It seems promising at this point that we will be able to adopt her. In fact, if they don't come back we may end up adopting her before Little Bit. We will pray that 4 months goes quickly and that her “parents” stay away. I know that sounds horrible, but her mother had expressed on more than one occasion that she wanted us to have her baby. Maybe this is her way of doing so. Only time will tell; until then, we will love and take care of this baby.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow is all I can say. I pray she remains in this stable loving home and can become a forever part of your life!

Amanda said...

I so hope she stays with you.

I'm having a WTF moment regarding the 4 months... isn't the federal definition of abandonment 30 days for a child under 1?

candy said...

oh goodness. part of me is sorry and most of me is so glad it looks like she'll be yours forever.

candy said...

*the sorry part was that they just don't seem to care enough about this precious little girl -- i'm definintely glad she's with you guys!*

Courtney said...

It is a good thing she has you guys! I don't gt the 4 month deal but hopefully it goes by uneventfully.

JUST A MOM said...

WOW I AM LATE oh wait nothing new there huh hahhahhaha this is great news and I am thinking that mom is planning just what you said. It is easier that way sometimes for them... it is the "states" blame. Been there,,, keep haning in there nad I so hope JULY comes fast!

FosterMom said...

I think you are right in that this must be the mom's way of letting you have her without dealing with it firsthand. But trust me, the 4 months will pass by before you know it!

Tamara said...

Holy Cow - ya know, having a birth parent go AWOL can be a blessing - that's what ultimately happened to Cookie's mom - until re-arrested and pregnant again. We had to go through warning lawyers b/c by law they had to "prove" an attempt to find her, and the warning lawyer does all that and submits the paperwork to the court. That's a part of that 4-month process. So, it's really not that the birth parents have 4 months as that's just what it takes. It is awful that it takes so long, but IMO, their absence is a big plus. Plus - no vists!! I am certainly glad the cases are progressing so favorably.