Sunday, June 01, 2008

SUMMER

I finally brought all three kids to get heir pictures taken. I ended up with some great shots but it was a very frustrating process!!!! The flash wasn’t working correctly on the camera so every time all three were smiling she would miss the shot. Anyway, like I said I did get three great pictures: 1 with Little Bit alone sticking out his tongue and grabbing his toes; 1 with Potato staring directly into the camera looking beautiful as always; and lastly, one of all three; at least William is smiling into the camera and the other two are looking.

Potatoes’ CASA worker came for a visit and gave us some interesting news. She apparently went to the last court hearing and the judge was ready to move forward with TPR, but had to be reminded that the parents get 4 month, which will be on July 2nd. She did inform me that there will be a court hearing on June 16th and I intend on being there!

Little Bit’s worker also came for a visit. She informed us that his mother want us to be her payee; which would mean that we would be responsible for the money that she gets from the state. She desperately wants to get out of the facility that she is in and go back in a halfway house. I understand her desire for more freedom, but she really can’t live on her own; even in a halfway house. Nor, do I want to be her “mother” as well.

Also, if we did accept the responsibility of being her payee I fear we would have too much contact. I am all for Little Bit knowing his mother and seeing her while he grows up, but I want to b able to control that contact just in case she is not lucid or becomes dangerous.

Little bit’s court date is on June 10th. I know they will just say that he will remain in care, but I also hope to get another date that will include TPR. A girl can hope right?

I am totally loving being home with all of my babies!! William is attending a summer camp through his school and loves it. It goes for 2 weeks. He is also attending a reading camp and a bowling camp. He will also have to visit his dad for three weeks. I hate when he is away, but I know he is having fun. Today, I hope to get him a little pool for the back yard.

Well, now that things have kind of slowed down I will try to blog more about what we do each dayJ

3 comments:

candy said...

email me some pictures!!! good luck with the court date.

Lisa said...

Ok, I have to confess. I'm a bit jealous of the speed of your case. Little bit's will drag due to mental impairment of his mom though.

We have to get together soon!

JUST A MOM said...

wow look at you missy the both of you two getting on with mommyhood you and dream mommy AND my other mommy I read. she got 2 baby girls,, did ya see we get 3 grandbabies well 1 blood 2 adopted us ones,,, enjoy your babies... and try and not stress.