Monday, October 16, 2006

Ancient Chinese say.....

Finally figured out how to put the title back over my posts. Been reading a book about Chinese medicine and fertility. I have found it very interesting so far. A lot of the information I was already told by my acupuncturist while I was going through IVF. I have to admit that I was completely overwhelmed throughout the whole process; all of the conflicting information hurt my head, so I decided to go with science, my husband being a PhD chemist and all it seemed like the logical choice. Now I am ready to focus on one thing at a time. It's not that I don't believe in IVF and all of the other processes (since we all obviously know people it has worked for), but I really can't put my faith into something that when it doesn't work there is no explanation. Doctor: " I'm so sorry Robin, all of the eggs looked great, all the eggs fertilized, 3 out 5 went to perfect blastocyst, you are 27 years old, we put two back in, you had just about a 70% chance..........Blah, blah, blah. I want the control. As you may notice by my blogs name I have a tipped uterus. However, the doctor that did my transfer was not aware of this and had a very difficult time finding my uterus. In fact I'm not entirely sure he did......There, I said it...... Anyway, I will continue my journey and will try other methods at this point.

No comments: