Sunday, October 22, 2006

The truth

Question: Why is it that we allow all of these "experts" to dictate our course of treatment for infertility?
Answer: Because we are too emotionally, physically, and mentally involved to think or make choices for ourselves. I'm not saying that we don't educate ourselves or ask questions, I'm just saying that no matter what, we take whatever the doctor, acupuncturist, chiropractor, embryologist, etc says.... as gold, solid, the best choice.
I know from my personal experience that I allowed myself to be caught up in this misery. I couldn’t detach myself from the dream of becoming pregnant. Therefore, I followed every word that they said, even when I had misgivings about the entire practice. I honestly do not believe that they deposited my little blastocysts into my uterus. In fact, I don’t think the doctor ever found it. Although this is all speculation, I believe it enough to know that I really don’t need IVF to get pregnant. Not with the conclusive data that resulted from our failed IVF.I am not so naive to believe that I don’t have difficulties getting pregnant; however, I will not believe that IVF is my only choice. We did try Clomid for one cycle, but it gave me unbelievable cysts. That was it. Not artificial insemination no other stimulants. I am giving my body the much needed break it deserves these next couple of months, losing 15 pound or at least 10, working out, taking baths……. However, we will continue to try for fun. Cause honestly when my son was conceived it was after the months of planning and charting, miscarriages, and a visit to a infertility clinic. Once I gave myself permission to take a break, BAM, I was pregnant. Again, not being naive, just being optimistic. Also I am living life, not planning anymore!!!!

No comments: