Friday, February 02, 2007

Not my posts, Not my words, Just my basis

*#2 - I really hate it when people comment anonymous. To the person that informed me about the beautiful "snowflake" organization, please don't treat me like I am stupid. I am fully aware of what a beautiful thing any type of adoption is - embyro or otherwise. What I don't like is being made to feel like a murderer if I don't give my two remaining frosties to adoption.

*This is about me people - not your mom or whatever MIL is cooking for her. MEEEEEEE!O.K., so sometimes the whole second wife thing sucks.

*And my stepkids? Love them but 2 out of 3 had strep throat this weekend. Has anyone ever taught these kids to cover there mouth when they cough? I'm feeling scratchy and I am not happy about it.

*Vasectomy Rant http://needleinmybum.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html

*I cannot accurately describe the jealousy involved in knowing that your husband went through childbirth 3 times with another woman. It's a pain that just won't go away. It's an underlying resentment that eats away at you.

*boohag" is the special name I use for his ex-wife.

*Why would he talk to me about boohag's pregnancies and say his vasectomy was a good idea? He said I backed him into a corner by saying his vasectomy was stupid.

*I have informed him that no matter what I say he is to never ever ever ever mention any details about boohags pregnancies or "trimesters" or anything regarding the fact that he has been through childbirth before. It is like stabbing me directly in the heart.

*If my mother in law tells me one more time that being a step-mom is the next best thing to being a mom I will scream. I love my step kids but it isn't even close. The kids are at our house every other weekend, 1 week at Christmas and 3 weeks in the summer. I know we are an influence on their lives but we don't have any direct say in the running of their day to day lives. I don't look at them and see myself in there faces. Their voices don't sound like mine as they are getting older.

*There is a special kind of pain that goes with infertility after vas-reversal. My husband has 3 children with his ex-wife. Because they decided not to use birth control, he had a vasectomy. We now have to suffer and pay for this awful decision he made with his ex-wife. When I see his children it breaks my heart.

*Even if IVF does work for us, the fact that I have to go through this needle in the bum crap and pay for it makes me really pisses me off. His ex-wife has since had her tubes tied which only makes me more bitter.

*He has finally figured out that if he puts a picture of boohag (the ex) up on a slide projector, I am going to fucking lose it. Now is not the time for me to see boohag at 24yrs old with their darling new baby (my great stepdaughter L).

*When I served this on the weekend, my oldest step daughter (13yrs) told me that I am definitely a better cook then her mom. I couldn't hide the smile.

*I think I might be punishing my husband. He gave his ex-wife three beautiful children in the easiest, most loving way and because of a decision they made (vasectomy), I have to go through hell and back to acheive the same. Am I trying to make him hurt as bad as I do?

*He just doesn't understand the pain of a stepmom on mothers day. I can't wait to see his mom and sister give the kids something to give there mom, that's a treat I look forward to every year!

* I have seen him cry many times. He's cried because he doesn't have his children full time.

*At the same time, hubbie was a newlywed and easily procreating (it stings my eye's to even write this). It never took him longer than 3 months of ttc to get the babies he wanted.

*I have a teeny tiny jealous streak so he knew better than to disagree.

3 comments:

DinosaurD said...

Why can't I find your e-mail address anywhere??? I just now caught up on your blog and I'm sorry that you have gone through all this - believe me, it's just not worth the aggravation and the chance that you'll change anyone is slim to none.
I do admire that you stick to your guns but it usually comes with a pretty high price tag.
Take care Robin
DinoD

Runergirl said...

Thanks DinoD! I know that it comes with a high price, but then isn't that what builds character? As you can see with my basis post I still feel that there was a theme in her posts that made me feel the way I did. But anyway I wish the best for you, I am always thinking about you, keep us posted!

Love

R

No Longer In Crisis said...

I stopped reading JFTIB a LONG time ago when I realized what a pitty-party of self-aggrandizing pap it was. I do not feel sorry for her, and I feel sorry any child will grow up in that environment. I'm looking for online friends who view IF as a gift, not as a life sentence or a tragedy. JFTIB loves her tragedy, and wants to draw as many fools into her world as possible. Stop visiting sites like that, and I think you'll feel a LOT better.