Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stepmother

I finally got to meet the woman who is supposedly going to be my son’s stepmother. Well to get technical, I knew her while I was married to my ex and she was a friend of a friend. Anyway, she is a fine woman with a daughter of her own and if she is good to my son I have no complaints. I find it hard to read about people who complain about their ex’s new wives/girlfriends etc… What’s the point; I find taking the high road makes me feel light and so content with my own life. Not trying to say I am better than anyone else, just pointing out that it really is easier…..

On the house front we are installing new cabinets in the kitchen. We are so close to being done with the house I am starting to let myself get excited. This house has been quite a labor of love. One of our neighbors said that we were brave for buying the house. I told him we might be stupid; he said there is that fine line and we all laughed. I just can’t wait to have my house in order. Especially, since I will be having a home study done relatively soon. Or should I say hopefully?

5 comments:

candy said...

i love your outlook on the new stepmom. my family hasn't had many instances of steprelatives, but i think it's wonderful that you would view her as someone else that would love your son. that's just amazing.

and good luck finishing the house. we're trying to sell ours and i think we've done more renovating/repair in the last month than we have the in four years we've lived here!

JUST A MOM said...

I so think it is great when all involved get along for the kids sake. Ummm I was here a couple days ago and thought maybe if I commented you would post again hahahha hiya

JUST A MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUST A MOM said...

hey thanks for the shout oh and I am there on the side too. I stop and read but not always comment.

JUST A MOM said...

Please stop by my place it is for you!