Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Almost Famous

That is the question I keep hearing from my students. You know since two of my close friends from high school Dia.blo Cod.y A.K.A:Br.ook Bus.ey and Pe.te Wen.tz are famous why I am not. The answer is I am not sure that I really would want all that attention and I definitely do not want to fly all that much. Nor would I want to leave my children at all!!!! The biggest reason is I have a hard time deciding what I really would want to be famous for. I probably could be a professional country singer or an Olympic runner. But both are too time consuming. I really like the life I have. Lastly, I think you have to be pretty full of yourself to pursue either and my parents made it very clear at a very young age that I will never deserve good things in life. Unfortunately, I still believe it.
I guess my actual dream would be to win the Olympics and sing the National Anthem, then start a singing career. I mean I ran a 5:15 mile in high school and I used to sing before all of my races and basketball games. If I could get my mile time down to 5 minutes and run a 16:30 5k I would be well on my way. My goal for this year is to run a 5:00minute mile by July 4th. I have 4 more months to train.

1 comment:

JUST A MOM said...

uuuummm hey sorry I am last but you ARE famous right here.