Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a Girl!

We got a call for a 2 day old baby girl today while Jake's case worker was visiting. In fact we got a couple of calls within minutes of each other for different children. I guess when it rains it pours. We have decided to take her. That sounds so blah! WE ARE THRILLED TO HAVE HER!!! I don't know much more then that they found cocaine in her system. Her mother is 32 and there is a father/husband, but they don't know his involvement level. When I asked if we are just a foster home or an adoptive placement the supervisor said," Well, every foster child's goal is reunification, but we feel she needs an adoptive home."

Of course we have a lot of people telling us that we shouldn't take her, but we just can't think of any reason not to. We wanted a daughter, we wanted a large family, and we wanted to do it through foster care. I could care less that they are 4 1/2 months apart. It would be like having twins, and maybe even easier since Little Bit is sleeping really well and is always so happy!! I only have 10 weeks of school left and spring break in three weeks.

Now the only thing left is the daunting task of finding someone to watch the baby until she can go to daycare….
I can’t wait to meet her!!!

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats ... I can't wait to read more about this new little baby coming into your life!

StarfishMom said...

Congrats! Same thing happened to us in December. It a starts with a phone call. Enjoy her!

Amanda said...

Yay!!!! So cool. Can't wait to "meet" her.

And I'm waiting for the same phone call!!

FosterMommy said...

Congrats on the placement! I remember how in love we were with each child we were called about, even before we met them. And some of them we never even met because they went to family before we were needed!

I hope this little girl has permanency as soon as possible!

Lisa said...

Oh how exciting! So neat! Congrats! I know what you mean about trying to find sitters while school is in... that's the hardest part! :) Yay you!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to come up with fun remarks to tell people when they find out they're not twins! Tomorrow is gonna be a waiting game. I hate waiting on kids to arrive.

JUST A MOM said...

um ok here is the deal I drive the girls to school at 7:15 adn I am back by 7:30,, I think have ot go pick up at 3:15 but I am back here by 3:30. I do not have a cat anylonger so there will be no hair problems... I only have been charging $25.00 a day in THe past ,, you need a discount I can work on that....



I AM so happy for you I had Fawn and David 3 months apart and yes it is soo much fun they loved eachother so much.... I am so excited!!!!!

Julie said...

So excited for you!!! Yippee!!

candy said...

woohoo! wow! if i lived closer i'd totally watch her for you.

i almost called you saturday afternoon but i was driving and i didn't want the conversation to be in bits and pieces as i wove in and out of traffic! you were on my mind all weekend and then i read this!!! congrats!

Keeping The Faith said...

How Exciting!!!! Keep us updated on everything.

-Faith

DinosaurD said...

I'm a little late on this but what excellent news.
DinoD

JUST A MOM said...

I THOUGHT YOU READ IT,,,,,


http://ourrollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Update, update, update....

that's a chant, BTW.

JK - posting when you have time - I'm sure it's crazy there :-)

Lisa said...

Have to say, I had not seen Juno yet and went last night - Loved it!!! :)