Monday, February 19, 2007

Moving on...

I haven’t posted in awhile; I am still recovering from the funeral. I guess I didn’t realize how hard it would actually hit me. The service and funeral were beautiful. Princess looked absolutely precious, and the love from her mother and father was felt through out the whole room. I just wish there was more that I could do for Dream Mommy.

I had another bout of my angioedema, swelling occurred in my tounge and lips, I looked pretty funny:P Unfortunaetly, all it does is remind me of my failed IVF.

On a positive note, we received our invitation for the foster to adopt orientation. I am excited and can’t wait! I love reading about everyone elses experiences and will be curious to see what emotions these classes will stir up in me since I too was once a part of the program….

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to start hearing your experiences with MAPP classes. Get ready to start doing some role playing.

Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have survived without you.

Amanda said...

I am sorry you aren't feeling well... look forward to hearing all about your foster experiences!

No Longer In Crisis said...

I'm excited to hear how you like the classes - we did the MAPP classes too, and some things we liked, and others we didn't. Funny, I think I learned more from experienced foster moms and on the blogs than anywhere else! And...learning by doing...in kind of this trial-by-fire kind of thing...I am so excited about where I know the journey will take you, though. You've got exactly the right fiesty spirit that it takes!

BigP's Heather said...

I just found you through DreamMommy... I just wanted to say what an awesome friend you are. I know many of us wish we could have been there for her during this time. I'm so glad she has you.